In case you missed it in our email newsletter, here’s the recently released story of Chuck Stein, President and CEO of Environmental Stoneworks.
Here are some questions to ask in a group context to discuss the video:
- Why do you think Chuck enjoys simply “building something?”
- How do you think Chuck’s company is influencing the community with their products? What if they didn’t exist?
- Why do you think Chuck changed his mind about what really is “God’s work”? How can producing, selling and installing stone veneer be “God’s work?”
- Why do you think it’s so important for Chuck to make sure people’s skills and gifts “fit” each job?
- Chuck has made a concerted effort to pay his employees more since he arrived. What role do you think wages should play in “redeeming work?”
When does a focus on wages go wrong?
- What is the “redemptive edge” in your own work? Where do you see opportunities to bring a “slice of redemption” where you’re at today?